Fundraise for a project that inspires you
One of the best ways to get involved with TRAS, and help support our projects in the Himalayas, is to hold a fundraising event. There many creative ways you can support TRAS:
- Host a Travelling Nepali Film Evening—we can provide you with a toolkit!
- Hold a garage sale
- Donate profits from a business
- Do a bottle drive
- Ask for donations to TRAS in lieu of gifts for your special event
- Host a musical evening in your home
- Host a pub night
- Hold a bake sale
- Host a lecture
- If you have recently traveled to the region, host a slide show event with your photos and stories
- Create a memorial fund in memory of a loved one
Or, choose a project you feel passionate and compassionate about and let us know your idea.
If you have a fundraising idea, we want to hear from you. Please contact email@example.com.
We look forward to hearing from you!
As TRAS runs almost entirely on a volunteer basis, we are always thrilled to have volunteer assistance.
All volunteer opportunities are located in Canada. TRAS sends no staff or volunteers abroad, preferring to fund our partners in the Himalayas so they can use their own local expertise and materials to address social, economic, medical and environmental needs of this region. For more information on TRAS’s approach, see: How TRAS Works and Philosophy of Assistance.
We are looking to fill two volunteer roles – SEO Specialist and Social Media Specialist.
If you are interested in applying or would like more information please contact Marina Guy – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Prepare monthly website analytics reports and SEO/PPC activity share findings, make recommendations for change and execute.
Social Media Specialist
- Develop and implement social media strategy:
- Manage our online presence on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and other community sites.
- Make recommendations on optimal social media channels, including timing and delivery.
- Engage in online dialogues and answer questions where appropriate.
- Monitor benchmarks to measure the impact of our social media programs. Analyze, review, and report on the effectiveness of campaigns to help maximize our efforts.
Thank you very much for your interest in TRAS and for your passion to help people in need.
TRAS is a volunteer-run organization operating with only a part-time Office Manager. As such, we do not have the capacity to accommodate internships.
We wish you every success in your endeavours.