The Trans-Himalayan Aid Society’s mission is to support the health and education of children and youth in the Himalayan region of India, Nepal and Tibet. Managing the day to day communication with overseas partners, donors, volunteers and board directors is essential to TRAS carrying out this mission. Equally important is the competent administration of the receipt and disbursement of funds and society reporting requirements.
• Clear communication skills — verbal and written
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Ability to work independently
• Understanding of accounting basics
• Knowledge of Simply Accounting
• Organizational skills and attention to detail
• Computer skills – Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, g-mail, Internet
• Knowledge of the Himalayan region an asset
• Knowledge of international development an assetPart-time employment:
The Office Manager is required to work 8 hours/day, 2 — 2.5 days/week depending on workload as well as attend monthly evening board meetings, the annual general meeting, and strategy meetings.
• Ensure timely and efficient responses to all communications
• Process all financial transactions
• Manage the files and records for the organization
• Identify potential risks to the organization
This position will report to the TRAS President and be responsible to the TRAS Board of Directors.
How to Apply:
If interested, please send your resume and letter of interest to email@example.com by June 30, 2014.