Fundraise for a project that inspires you
One of the best ways to get involved with TRAS, and help support our projects in the Himalayas, is to hold a fundraising event. There many creative ways you can support TRAS:
- Host a Travelling Nepali Film Evening—we can provide you with a toolkit!
- Hold a garage sale
- Donate profits from a business
- Do a bottle drive
- Ask for donations to TRAS in lieu of gifts for your special event
- Host a musical evening in your home
- Host a pub night
- Hold a bake sale
- Host a lecture
- If you have recently traveled to the region, host a slide show event with your photos and stories
- Create a memorial fund in memory of a loved one
Or, choose a project you feel passionate and compassionate about and let us know your idea.
If you have a fundraising idea, we want to hear from you. Please contact Joanne at email@example.com.
We look forward to hearing from you!
As TRAS runs almost entirely on a volunteer basis, we are always thrilled to have volunteer assistance.
All volunteer opportunities are located in Canada. TRAS sends no staff or volunteers abroad, preferring to fund our partners in the Himalayas so they can use their own local expertise and materials to address social, economic, medical and environmental needs of this region. For more information on TRAS’s approach, see: How TRAS Works and Philosophy of Assistance.
Thank you very much for your interest in TRAS and for your passion to help people in need.
TRAS is a volunteer-run organization operating with only a part-time Office Manager. As such, we do not have the capacity to accommodate internships. We wish you every success in your endeavours.